How to restrict web user from tranversing to different directories in Solaris 2.8 FTP server

How to restrict web user from tranversing to different directories in Solaris 2.8 FTP server

Post by humphrey.c.c.. » Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:54:00

Hello,

     Our Sun Enterprise server runs Solaris 2.8 and Oracle Portal.  Our
user picks up the output dat file from our
ftp server via URL on browser, e.g., ftp://xxx.yyy.zzz/file.dat  We are
using generic default ftp on our server.  We want to find
ways to restrict ftp web users from traversing to other directories to
see files in our systems by clicking on ".." or "."
Basically, we do not want them to see any other files/directories
except the one that appear in the URL.

Looking forward to your help.

Thanks,

Humphrey