NT, Linux admin needs to become a Solaris Admin

NT, Linux admin needs to become a Solaris Admin

Post by j.. » Sun, 31 Oct 1999 04:00:00

HELP!

I have years of experience with NT, 98 and linux (I prefer linux) and
now I have been asked to setup three ultra5s for a testing/training
enviroment.  The timeframe is short (MONDAY) to get these three
machines installed with 2.6.1 (currently they are running 2.7).  I have
been able to acquire a 2.6 media kit and need guidance in installing th
OS.

What books and web sites do you suggest?  I have been pursing the
docs.sun.com page but do not see much related to OS install.

I have been able to setup these machine under 2.7 ( Necessary user
accounts, packages, and network. ) However, this will be my first time
reinstalling an OS (espically stepping back a level)

Any help would be useful.

JLH

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Timothy J. L » Sun, 31 Oct 1999 04:00:00

|What books and web sites do you suggest?  I have been pursing the
|docs.sun.com page but do not see much related to OS install.

Look in the media kit; there should be a book about installing
the OS.  There is also a book about "Automating Solaris Installations"
describing scripted installs in more detail.

Don't forget to download and install the recommended patches
from sunsolve.sun.com .