Q: vold is not running and crontab/ed

Post by u126068.. » Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:33:20

hi,
I stopped the vold then brurned a cd. Then i rebooted the system and
now i see the vold is not running.
i do ps -ef|grep vold and see only the grep vold entry. Either the
vold is not running or the output of th ps command is not right.
actually, i retarted the vold and still the same output as previously.
only grep vold entry..??
and how do i make crontab -e to launch vi editor intsead of ed.
Jim

--
Sent by  msg124  from  hotmail  subpart from com

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:54:11

|and how do i make crontab -e to launch vi editor intsead of ed.

'setenv EDITOR vi' or 'EDITOR=vi ; export EDITOR' depending on your
shell.  'man crontab' explains this in the section for the '-e' option.

1. ed command in an install file but ed not found - what to do please?

Folks,
I have an installation file from an old Mandrake 6.0 (I now have 7.0
installed) and in this file for Adobe Acrobat3 is a line with the

ed

command. But it gets an error as it can't find    ed.
I tried changing this to   vi    but then it failed reporting input not
coming from ???

Is there anywhere I can get the    ed   command or can I do something else??

TIA
Ian Turnbull
0961 931941

Web  : www.turnbui.freeserve.co.uk

2. Ripping audio in KDE

3. crontab problem: I can't run a java program via crontab

4. simple X term

5. crontab -e or crontab -l is not functioning properly

6. RedHat 4.2 gcc broken?

7. To crontab or NOT to crontab!!!

8. When I connect second PC to router, both PC's request timesout, why?

11. the specified scripts was not running at specified time in crontab

12. cron running jobs not in crontab