Looking for ...

Post by Axel Fisch » Thu, 25 Aug 1994 21:57:09

a monitorprg that lets me monitor CPU usage, harddisk I/O, traffic,
network traffic, ....

I have SunOS 4.1.3 here.
I want to know what the bottleneck in our system is.

Please point me to a site where I can ftp such a prg.

Please reply via mail.

Thanks,
        Axel

Looking for ...

Post by Scott Brow » Thu, 25 Aug 1994 16:02:23

> a monitorprg that lets me monitor CPU usage, harddisk I/O, traffic,
> network traffic, ....

> I have SunOS 4.1.3 here.
> I want to know what the bottleneck in our system is.

> Please point me to a site where I can ftp such a prg.

SunOS 4.1.3 has several of the tools you need built in.  Try the 'perfmeter'
tool under openwindows, 'traffic' under sunview, netstat, iostat, vmstat, ...
They are not the best tools available, but they work, and you already have
them.  Also, System Performance Tuning, by O'Reily and Associates is an
excellent reference on when to use these, and why.

Scott B.

----------------------
Scott Brown
HAEC

----------------------

1. Looking for a font that will look OK in all my applications

Hi,
I can not settle for a decent font which will:
1. Look good on my system on all the following applications
2. Display the apostrophe (currently, any choice I have made did NOT
display it)

Any ideas?

My system details:
1. I have a dual boot Win98/LM8 128 MB system. Using Drakfont, I have
imported
the Windows fonts.
2. I use XFree 4.0x/KDE 2.1.2 on a 17 inch monitor at 1024x768 (24b)
resolution
3. I usually use KMail, Konqueror, Opera 5, Pan & Knode.
4. I have currently chosen the following fonts:
a. KDE-adventure 14 default (General) and adobe-courier 14 iso 8859-1 as my
Fixed width font.
b. Opera-Helvetica

TIA

2. Linux/m68k Registration Site

3. vpn - not sure if its what Im looking for - looking for advice

4. ipip tunneling in 2.1.x: strange ifconfig/pointopoint behavior

5. Utter newbie end-user looking for where to look

6. Free Firewall for Aix

7. GNOME install looking for xlock, xlock looking for???

8. Linux, GCC -> MSDOS .exe - how ?

9. RH71: Confused Quotas - quotaon looking for quota.user, edquota looking for aquota.user

10. Looking for a font that will look OK in all my applications

11. sendmail error: host name look up - where else to look for fix?

12. Looking for Sun hardware? Take a look...

13. i'm looking for some of those great looking linux icons