limiting telnet sessions/user

Post by Sivaram » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 22:04:26

Hello,
As the subj says, I want to limit the nbr of telnet sessions/user.
The FAQ  tells me that you can set the tty limit or the max_no_usr processes
which isn't exactly what i want. i'm using Sunos 5.6. Is there any other
system parameter short of wrtitng a script. Ideally,i'd like to limit a
user to 4 telnet logins.
regards,
Sivaram

Post by David Masterso » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 04:12:11

>> As the subj says, I want to limit the nbr of telnet sessions/user.
>> The FAQ tells me that you can set the tty limit or the max_no_usr
>> processes which isn't exactly what i want. i'm using Sunos 5.6. Is
>> there any other system parameter short of wrtitng a
>> script. Ideally,i'd like to limit a user to 4 telnet logins.
> Write the script and put it in /etc/login

Doesn't that only apply to CShell users?  Also, what do you count in
the script to determine the number of telnet sessions a user has?

--
David Masterson
Sr. R&D Engineer