recording audio sent to /dev/audio

1. Audio mixer for /dev/audio or USB audio?

Hi,

does anyone see a possibility for controlling /dev/audio? Is there
even a tool?

Background:

Im running a 2.4.13 kernel with a USB webcam (ToUCam Pro). The
built-in microphone is supported through the USB Audio class (and
accessable via /dev/audio). Everything works pretty well except audio
quality. The sound is scratchy on higher levels. All I want is to
lower the input level. The tools I have, smix and amixer, only
correspond with my soundcard (/dev/dsp).

The machine is a PC with SuSE, not a SUN/SPARC.

Thanks in advance
Greetings from snowy Berlin

Ulrich

2. Xfree 2.0 lib problem and pl14 VC - Help !!

3. /dev/dsp, /dev/audio, /dev/midi., /dev/sndsta

4. apache, cgi guestbook.

5. Playing audio CD thru /dev/audio

6. Network Booting Comps From K12LTSP 5.0 With Server 2003

7. Audio problem on Sparc 5 (/dev/audio)

8. Epson StylusCOLOR & Netatalk

9. Missing /dev/audio // Has a SPARCstation 4 an audio device ?

10. cd audio and /dev/audio question

11. Audio problem on Sparc 5 (/dev/audio)

12. Sparc Audio API for Linux's /dev/audio

13. /dev/audio doesn't record (WSS)