event ports support in Niels Provos libevent

event ports support in Niels Provos libevent

Post by Yusuf Goolamabba » Tue, 05 Apr 2005 23:09:13

Has anybody attempted to provide support for event ports in Niels Provos
libevent library

http://www.monkey.org/~provos/libevent/

libevent is available as a system library in NetBSD/OpenBSD and is also
used in memcached which is used by Slashdot/Wikipedia

This has support for /dev/poll but I believe that event ports should be
more scalable than /dev/poll in Solaris 10.

Regards, Yusuf

1. epoll support in libevent-0.7

I just released a new version of libevent that supports Linux new
epoll mechanism; see

  http://www.monkey.org/~provos/libevent/

The page contains some performance comparisons for different event
notification mechanisms.

The library supports platform independent high performance network
applications.  It chooses the fastest notification mechansims
supported by the operating system.

Niels.
-

2. SCSI DAT tape: bad or misconfigured?

3. Attn. Niels: MKLinux while installation black screen

4. Winmodem? again?

5. setting mouse button event to key press event

6. korn doesn't reset after checking mail

7. XtAppAddTimeOut and Expose Event - Not Getting event

8. Apache 1.1.1 - access authentication with DBM problem

9. Joystick -->Create an event --> Handle this event

10. Problems in compiling libevent on solaris 8.

11. help with libevent

12. Porting OS/2 Event Semaphores to Linux

13. PATCH: ptrace support for fork/vfork/clone events [1/3]