using cd in restricted shell

Post by fge.. » Sat, 10 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
anyone knows any workaround so that we can still cd to our own directory
downwards in restricted shell.
I tried rbash but seems no way of using cd.

--fg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. restricted shell/restricting login

A while ago I posted a question about how to restrict logins to our
ultrix systems.  Someone sent me a C or shell script which I'm
embarassed to say I've misplaced.  I think is was called "syslogin".
Please re-send it to me, whoever you are (were).

Here's the problem I wish to solve:

What I want to do is split the modem pool into 2 numbers - one for
students and one for faculty/staff.

I want to the login procedure to check which terminal server a connection
is coming from.  The procedure should then check the account and see if that
account is entitled to connect from that terminal server...if so,
then continue normally, if not then print a message like "Please dial
the number xxx-xxxx".

We have DEC terminal servers (I don't wish to use lat groups) and
Ultrix 4.2a.

I'm certain I'm not re-inventing the wheel here.  Any comments, suggestions
and pointers are most welcome.

Thanks in advance...
-

Trent University Computing & Telecommunications  tel: (705)748-1540
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, K9J 7B8           fax: (705)748-1246

2. can linux write to ntfs?

3. restricted shell or restricted access

4. Partitioning ---> help for the right way needed

5. restricted shell - not so restrict

6. Apache Virtual Hosting!

7. cd and restricted shells

8. Oops from 2.4.20

9. cd and restricted shell

10. restricted shell (no cd out of home directory)

11. Can restricted shell be used in FTP access?

12. Examples of restricted shells using BASH