Sun SHIELD ARM & autologout alternatives

Sun SHIELD ARM & autologout alternatives

Post by Fami M. Kun » Wed, 26 Jan 1994 18:21:00

Hi,

I hope someone can help answer some questions I have about the Sun SHIELD
products for Solaris 2.3.  As I understand it, ASET (Automated Security
Enhancement Tool) and the Basic Security Module (BSM) are now bundled with
Solaris 2.3.

What about Account Resource Management (ARM)?  The ordering information I have
is dated since it refers to the BSM as a separate module for 2.x.  The copy of
Solaris 2.3 I have makes no reference to ARM.  The Answerbook pages on security
still refer to Solaris 2.1 and say it's unbudled.

What I'm looking for is the autologout feature that ARM reportedly offers.  Is
there an alternative (public domain, reliable) that allows me to logout (or at
the very least, autolockscreen) idle terminals and workstations?

Thanks very much.

BASS Consulting
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

1. Sun SHIELD ARM not available for Solaris 2.X?

Hey,

I 've been talking to my regional Sun technical support about obtaining the Sun
SHIELD Account Resource Management (ARM) module for Solaris 2.3.  What they told
me was that it's no longer available for Solaris 2.3 and that I should look for
a third party solution.

Can anyone confirm this?  The current (Jan 1994) Sun sales ordering info
doesn't specifically refer to Solaris 2 when describing availability of ARM.
Does this mean that Sun hasn't got round to making it available on Solaris 2.3
or it's been dropped?

Thanks in advance.

BASS Consulting
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2. I try to make a www-server on Linux Operating System

3. about glibc-arm & newlib-arm

4. Remotely changing permissions

5. A Call To Arms: An Alternative OS

6. LD_LIBRARY_PATH reset in shells?!

7. Alternative to IPMP and Sun Trunking for Solaris 8 & 9

8. Pentium Motherboards?

9. Sun SHIELD question...

12. P90 Laptops: ARM, MidWest Micro & Compal

13. 没有人用中文吗?