Q: printing on a local HP LJ IID

Post by Tillmann Cord » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I would like to connect an old HP LaserJet IID locally (parallel port)
to my Sun Ultra 1. Is it possible to print in graphic mode (i.e.
www-pages from netscape) without using postscript?

Thanks in advance!

Q: printing on a local HP LJ IID

Post by Chris O'Rega » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

[Please use address listed below if replying by e-mail.]

TC>I would like to connect an old HP LaserJet IID locally (parallel port) to
TC>my Sun Ultra 1. Is it possible to print in graphic mode (i.e. www-pages
TC>from netscape) without using postscript?

I am not sure how "easy" it is to connect a printer to the Ultra's parallel
port, but if you get that working, just use GhostScript as a filter.

                   Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
                http://www.ECE.Concordia.CA/~chris/addr.html

1. Printing to HP Jetdirect Card on HP LJ 4si

[snip]

Here is the setup I use from both 1.2.13 and 2.0.0. It works every
time.  The only apparent difference is the :lp: line.

ljet4|laser|lp:\
        :ff=:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=mislsr:\
        :rp=text:\
        :sh:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/lpd/ljet4:
lpraw:\
        :ff=:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=mislsr:\
        :rp=raw:\
        :sh:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/lpd/ljet4:

2. mode of /etc/utmp

3. I can print PS but not HP LJ II

4. Why is smpatch so flakey?

5. HP LJ 6MP -> not printing to the edges of the page

6. ia-64 status ?

7. Printing large PS-files on HP LJ 5M

8. referer log using NSAPI

9. lpr & novell printing to HP LJ III

10. Printing on HP LJ IV under Solaris

11. HELP: Printing from Linux w/ HP LJ

12. Printing from SCO 5.05 to an HP LJ 5

13. HP LJ 2200DT won't print via USB :-(