Anonymous FTP

Post by howa.. » Wed, 12 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I would like to set up an anonymous FTP. Could someone tell me where I
can get the information on how to set up? Thanks.

Anonymous FTP

Post by Joe Shambli » Wed, 12 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I would like to set up an anonymous FTP. Could someone tell me where I
> can get the information on how to set up? Thanks.

"man ftpd" should tell you everything you need to know.

Joe

--

Systems Administrator                   Department of Computer Science
660-6582                                        Duke University

Anonymous FTP

Post by Neil Waybrig » Thu, 13 Jun 1996 04:00:00

from the ftpd man page....
Neil
P.S.  It is all there, including a script to do all of the steps for
you (if you are running Solaris 2.X)....

Post by Paul Mansfiel » Thu, 13 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> from the ftpd man page....
> Neil
> P.S.  It is all there, including a script to do all of the steps for
> you (if you are running Solaris 2.X)....

> >Hi,

> >I would like to set up an anonymous FTP. Could someone tell me where I
> >can get the information on how to set up? Thanks.

seconded, but I'd advise getting a special secure ftpd from somewhere
(e.g. TIS firewall kit) if you're going to let Joe Public in.

I'd also suggest you limit access to ftpd from specific places in your
firewall/router filter tables.

Paul
P.S. usual disclaimers apply.

         snailto:Orwell House.Cowley Road.Cambridge.CB4 4WY.UK
Webto: http://www.motiv.co.uk (http:www.goodfellow.com http:www.Channel11.com)

Anonymous FTP

Post by John F. Masinte » Thu, 13 Jun 1996 04:00:00

One word to you, Howard my man: RTFM!
I myself knew nothing about setting up an anonymous FTP server, but
was able to do so in about 30 min. after reading the man page on
ftp under Solaris 2.5! I suggest you do the same.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

> Hi,

> I would like to set up an anonymous FTP. Could someone tell me where I
> can get the information on how to set up? Thanks.

1. Anonymous FTP access from non-anonymous account

Does anybody know of a way to limit the access for a non-anonymous ftp
user similar to that of an anonymous ftp user?  For example, they can log
in, but we don't want them to go outside of a certain directory - like
how anonymous ftp works, just without using the account "anonymous".

If this is in the FAQ - forgive the waste of bandwidth.  Thanks in
advance!

                "Yes, you are correct.  I am bored"

Network/Unix/PC Admin                                (319) 395-4542
Rockwell International Corp.

2. Max File System and Drive Sizes

3. How to prevent anonymous ftp w/wu-ftp

4. Installing 3.1.1

5. Setting up FTP/Anonymous FTP

6. Where to find the mt source?

7. Anonymous FTP gone from ftp.openbsd.org

8. There is only one innovation that matters... (was Re: Micros~1 innovations)

9. how to set a anonymous ftp but user ftp have unique passwd

10. user ftp like anonymous ftp

11. go away evil anonymous ftp!! and ftp questions

12. ~/ftp/pub owner of an anonymous ftp server

13. Anonymous FTP on SCO