Backup Software for SUN Stacker

Post by Joachim Frick » Sat, 01 Oct 1994 19:13:06

Hello

Any suggestions which backup software (not ufs_dump -l)
to use with the SUN Stacker ?

Joachim Fricker             | Tel: +41 1 236 5462
Union Bank of Switzerland   | Fax: +41 1 236 8120

1. Backup software for exabyte stackers and Solaris 2.4

I am interested in software solutions to drive Artecon tape
stackers. The stacker is driven with two SCSC-II ports, one for the
robotics and one for the 8500 exabyte.  The units we have are 10 slot
with 8500 drives.  Stackers are essential for us given we have several
file systems in the 30-100 GB range.

I know about "Solstice Backup" from SunSoft.  What other products are
out there that would drive stackers under Solaris 2.4?

Thanks,

-- Dave

--

Mount Stromlo and Siding Spring Observatories, A.N.U.

2. FTP and sockets

3. Where can I find low cost tape backup software for stacker unit?

4. help, my server is down, now cannot edit rc.sysinit.d

5. Advice wanted: backup software for Sun/Solaris

6. converting filenames to upper/lowercase

7. Backup software for Sun's

8. SLIP setup

9. Online backup parameters for DAT-stacker

10. DAT Stacker backup

11. Exabyte stackers / disk backups

12. SUN 4x4mm DAT stacker on HP 9000/700.

13. Seeking tape stacker software