Logging RAID drive failures with Dell Poweredge 4400 and PERC2/DC

Logging RAID drive failures with Dell Poweredge 4400 and PERC2/DC

Post by Mike Handl » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:57:21

Hello,
  Like everyone else posting to the list, I've had a hard time getting
solaris 8 x86 to install on with the PERC2/DC.  We finally got it
working thanks to postings on the list.  We had a drive fail on it and
I noticed that it was not logged to syslog, but just sent to the
console.  I looked around in the megamgr interface but could not find
anything.  I see that megamon is running but I can't find any docs as
to what this does and if I can add options to it.  Is anyone familiar
with this or how to log failures to syslog?

Thanks
MH