Help DNS error messages

Post by Pring » Tue, 21 May 1996 04:00:00

We are running a SPARCstation 4 with Solaris 2.4.Lately I have
been getting an error from the DNS name deamon (named).
If I reboot everything will be fine for a week or so. The error
message is:

     rt_malloc memdebug overflow

This message is sent to the console and also logged in the messages
file. Since we are acting as a secondary DNS for our University System,
I would like to straighten this out. Any help or ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Help DNS error messages

Post by Jean-Francois Fa » Tue, 21 May 1996 04:00:00

:
:We are running a SPARCstation 4 with Solaris 2.4.Lately I have
:been getting an error from the DNS name deamon (named).
:If I reboot everything will be fine for a week or so. The error
:message is:
:
:     rt_malloc memdebug overflow
:
:This message is sent to the console and also logged in the messages
:file. Since we are acting as a secondary DNS for our University System,
:I would like to straighten this out. Any help or ideas would be greatly
:appreciated.

Hi,

You should read the FAQ's : apply the patch 102479-01

Bye, JF.

1. DNS Named Error Message ...Help

Howdy:

I am setting up a DNS server for the first time. After wading through all the
db.file errors, I'm stuck at an error I cannot resolve(no pun intended)... the
following is the error message:

findns error (3) on boo.littlebigband.com?
Nov 24 15:43:29 littlebigband named[347]: sysquery:findns error (3) on
ns1.infi.net?
Nov 24 15:43:29 littlebigband named[347]: sysquery:
findns error (3) on boo.littlebigband.com?
Nov 24 15:43:29 littlebigband named[347]: sysquery:
findns error (3) on ns1.infi.net.littlebigband.com?

Any clues where to start with this?

If you would like me to forward any other routing information...please let me
know. If you would like to telnet in and look around, feel free please

        telnet 204.117.145.49
        login: guest
        psswd: 2$garci

Thank you in advance...David
                           \\\\|/////
                            ( o  o )
                   ---oO0o------U------oO0o---

http://www.dcfnet.com                   Such a long, long time to be gone...
http://www.dcfnet.com/home               ...and a short time to be there

2. Mouse Locked

3. Error message continuous error messages

4. Kernel Compile under alpha

5. Help :errors messages on messages

6. Password verification function

7. DNS error message

8. Looking for a Programmer!!!

9. DNS error messages

10. DNS error messages? Possible secondary issue?

11. Strange DNS error messages...

12. DNS Error Message

13. DNS error message:named[54]:recvfrom:Connection refused