Setting up a HP DeskJet 540 as a local printer

Setting up a HP DeskJet 540 as a local printer

Post by aggarwal,neil » Sat, 17 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hello:

I am wondering if this is possible and need to nneed to know what
hardware I will need to do it:

I just got a SPARC 10 with solaris 2.4 loaded on it.
Since I have an HP deskjet 540 from an old PC lying around,
I was wondering if I could make the deskjet a local printer
to this machine.

Do I need any special hardware? Or can I set it up through
a serial port?

What about a driver for it?

Thanks.
Neil Aggarwal

Neil Aggarwal                       All opinions are mine, not my employer's.

1. Adding HP deskjet 540 as a local printer to sol 2.4 SS10

Hello:

        I have a SPARC 10 running solaris 2.4 and am trying to figure out
how I can add an HP Deskjet 540 as a local printer.

        I see that the SPARC has a parallel interface, so I should be
able to connect it, but I dont know how. Can someone please help me.

Even if I cant use it as a graphics printer, I can probably use it
as an ASCII pronter, which should be valueable.

                Thanks,
                        Neil.

Neil Aggarwal                       All opinions are mine, not my employer's.
        "Proneness to exaggerate, to suppress or modify the truth,
        wittingly or unwittingly, is a natural weakness of man" - M.K.Gandhi

2. Encryption

3. Setup HP Deskjet 540 local printer

4. Access files between Linux and win95 dual boot?

5. printer HP Deskjet 540

6. Lost root password for SCO OpenServer box

7. Need help on HP 540 Deskjet printer

8. MSG_ERRQUEUE not found (include file madness)

9. The New HP DeskJet 540 - Does it work with the the older HP drivers?

10. Hp Deskjet 540

11. HP 540 DeskJet

12. HP DeskJet 540 and Linux

13. HP Deskjet 540 & apsfilter