PPP over PAD(X.25)

Post by Andrew Gabri » Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>In order to process PASSWORD entering, LOGIN change the x.3 parameters
>of session. After that, asppls change parameters too, but can't change
>back previosly modified parameters. After changing PAD deamon send one
>packet, containing one byte "01", and resiev "CLEAR REQUEST". Connection
>terminated.

If the packet containing the 01 also has the Q bit set, this is normal
X.29 call clearing procedure. (01 is an 'invitation to clear', and it
expects the remote PAD to clear the X.25 call in response.)

Quote:>That can you think about?

No idea, sorry.

You will need a very transparent PAD profile for PPP to work, and the
way X.25 is normally charged (by volume), you will probably find the
link very expensive to run.

--

PPP over PAD(X.25)

Post by Peter Marela » Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I need to make the "clean" channel over PAD (x.3) port for incapsulating
> PPP traffic.
> "Client" is dial-up station under Win95 with integrated PPP. It's call a
> lockal X.25 provider' PAD, and then connect to SPARC with SunLink X.25
> ver.9.0. PAD deamon on SPARC bring up LOGIN, and then i tray to
> establish PPP session, using PPP server from Solaris 2.5.

> In order to process PASSWORD entering, LOGIN change the x.3 parameters
> of session. After that, asppls change parameters too, but can't change
> back previosly modified parameters. After changing PAD deamon send one
> packet, containing one byte "01", and resiev "CLEAR REQUEST". Connection
> terminated.

> That can you think about?

I cant tell you anything about X.25, but I can tell you morningstar PPP
works over X.25.

Peter Marelas

PPP over PAD(X.25)