NIS+ : Can an HP be a NIS client to a Sun NIS+ server

NIS+ : Can an HP be a NIS client to a Sun NIS+ server

Post by Michele Merc » Tue, 12 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I have another NIS question. I'm going to be setting up a NIS+ server in NIS compatibility mode (I think). We have mostly sun's running Solaris, one system running SunOS 4.1.3, and one HP system running HP-UX A.09.07. We will be getting in a Silicon Graphics also. My question is can I configure a Sun Solaris system to be a nis+ server with the HP and Silicon Graphics systems being clients?

Thanks Michele

Post by Fletcher.Gl.. » Sat, 16 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>Hi,

>I have another NIS question. I'm going to be setting up a NIS+ server in NIS compatibility mode (I think). We have mostly sun's running Solaris, one system running SunOS 4.1.3, and one HP system running HP-UX A.09.07. We will be getting in a Silicon Graphics also. My question is can I configure a Sun Solaris system to be a nis+ server with the HP and Silicon Graphics systems being clients?

>Thanks Michele

In a word: Yes.

1. NIS : auth problem with Linux nis server and SUN sparc nis client

Hello,

I'v found some very old message about this problem in this group, but
there was no solution.

I' ve set up a NIS server on a Linux machine ( ubuntu 5.01)
following this howto
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/NIS-HOWTO/index.html
http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/serveur/nis

everything seems to be ok
my sun machine is binded to ypserv on linux

inv09748 ( my linux nis server)

cao8:$1$JL6XpfxxxxxqctkdfFSycuu/:5008:5000::/home/cao8:/usr/bin/ksh

but when i try to log with cao8 => " incorrect login"

i can only log with root

loggued with root in can do :
su - cao8
and it works fine

so ... if someone can help, i will be very gracefull

(sorry for my english, i'm french)

2. Messages from usenet@mailgate.netsplit.com

3. Setting up Linux NIS+ client with Sun Solaris NIS+ server.

4. Linux core dumping

5. NIS client on Linux with Sun NIS server.

6. XF86Config and VIDEO 7 SVGA (HT216-32)

7. NIS : auth problem with Linux nis server and SUN sparc client

8. Splitting and Joining Files

9. HP NIS Client to Solaris NIS+ Server.

10. sun-nis-slave on hp-nis-master

11. Help, NIS+ Server, NIS Client

12. Solaris NIS server and Linux NIS client : problems

13. Sol 2.5 NIS Server & 2.4 NIS Client?