Is there a way to have a random motd, kind of like a fortune?
1. CDE and MOTD (or similar login message)
Could someone provide a decent method of displaying a login message when
a user logs in via CDE? I want to display a "Acceptable Use" message of
about 150 words.
If I use /etc/motd via /etc/profile, it fly's by on a console or similar
window and is not seen.
I have tried using the dthello and sending /etc/motd via it, but this
displays quickly and the text is intermixed in the graphics... real
I could have the ~/.cshrc modified to show the message every window, but
this will get old and the user could always take it out, defeating the
Any help is appreciated.
2. Apache can't load libgdbm.so.1
3. tcsh: How to disable printing motd w/o disabling mail check?
5. motd message
6. Dialup problem - slow get, fast put
7. Enlarge font for motd messages
8. Mouse fine in X - wacked out in console?
9. motd <-> CDE
10. What's up with issue and motd??
11. Suppressing only MOTD - can it be done???
12. motd and issue