1. rcp command
Please help me solving the following rcp ( remote copy ) problem.
Local Host Remote Host
IP = 184.108.40.206 IP = 220.127.116.11
Userid = azaman Userid = azaman
Entry in .rhosts file in $HOME Entry in .rhosts file in $HOME
18.104.22.168 azaman 22.214.171.124 azaman
Command from Local Host A
rcp 126.96.36.199:/home/azaman/test.dat .
1. The command such as this seems to work intermittently.
2. We have a very big network of AIX boxes.
3. I have no problem doing FTP amongst these boxes but
the rcp command fails between many pairs of boxes
with messages like as follows;
rshd : Execute permission denied
Your host name is unknown for the address
4. There are boxes between which rcp works fine and I don't
find any differences in any of the parameter files.
o we do not have hosts.equiv file defined
o Note all /etc/hosts files have entries for all the
boxes on the network.
6. I have managed to perform rcp between boxes where
/etc/hosts.equiv files not defined
/etc/hosts file on remote box does not have an entry
for local host.
I will be very grateful for any help on this.
PLease e-mail me your thoughts.
5. RCP command
11. rcp command