X library help???

Post by Daniel Ackerbe » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

A number of X programs I have installed on my Sun (Solaris 2.5) refuse to
run with the following error message:

fatal: libXm.so.3: can't open file: errno=2

this file seems to only be in /usr/dt/lib, should it be elsewhere? Or, is
there some environment LIB variable that should be set to this location
(And if so, how?)?

Thanks a ton, Dan

X library help???

Post by Daniel Ackerbe » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Can that... I figured it out (environment var LD_LIBRARY_PATH)

Sorry about that.

Dan

: A number of X programs I have installed on my Sun (Solaris 2.5) refuse to
: run with the following error message:

: fatal: libXm.so.3: can't open file: errno=2

: this file seems to only be in /usr/dt/lib, should it be elsewhere? Or, is
: there some environment LIB variable that should be set to this location
: (And if so, how?)?

: Thanks a ton, Dan

1. Help with building shared libraries with dependencies on other shared libraries

Hi all,

I'm having problems running my application in Linux (RedHat 7.1) that loads
up ten shared libraries, all but one have dependencies with the other shared
libraries. The application is written in Java, so in the code I load up the
libraries using

System.loadLibrary("lib1");

The libraries are written in C++ and I'm using VIDE (integrated development
environment) to create my makefile. The complier is g++ and for linking
flags I have: -fPIC -shared.

When I try to run my application on Linux, it loads up the first shared
library lib1 correctly but when it tries to load the second one lib2 it
complains about unresolved symbols, the ones that were defined in lib1. When
I compiled all the code and made it lib1, the application worked but for
this project it is required that I have multiple shared libraries. So is
there a way to build these libraries that are dependent on each other so
that I won't have the unresolved symbols problem or is there a way in Java
to load up all the libraries simultaneously? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

Johnny

2. kde X startup and shutdown errors

3. HELP!!! Fortran library or Linux library error!

4. updating a driver without reboot ?

5. libraries libraries libraries

6. can't resolve symbol 'XShapeQueryExtension'

7. Help!! Need help on Shared Libraries

8. URGENT HELP Video Mode

9. Compiling static libraries as shared libraries

10. Building shared library which includes static libraries

11. KDE 1.1.2: Wrong JPEG library version: library is 62, caller expects 61

12. Can a static library be compiled into a shared library?

13. Migrating DB-Library into Client-Library in UNIX