E-IDE CD-ROM CD-player on 2.4 X86 ?

Post by Hani Freiwa » Wed, 27 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Is there any Free Ware program for E-IDE CD-ROM music player on 2.4 X86 ?
Workman and xmcd works with SCSI not with E-IDE.

Thanks in advance !

Hani Freiwat

E-IDE CD-ROM CD-player on 2.4 X86 ?

Post by Lorna Dreisba » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there any Free Ware program for E-IDE CD-ROM music player on 2.4 X86 ?
>Workman and xmcd works with SCSI not with E-IDE.

>Thanks in advance !

>Hani Freiwat

First, have you installed a Driver Update that supports IDE CD-ROMs?  IF
you have, and have a supported CD drive (look at the Hardware Compatibility
List), workman should work.  It worked when I tested it a few months back.
If my memory is correct, I had to change some configuration file, because
it referred to cXtXdX instead of cXdX.  I don't remember the name of the
file offhand.

---

SunSoft, Inc.
Los Angeles, California

1. E-IDE HD and E-IDE CD-ROM on Toshiba

Hello,

we have to setup OSE 5 on a Toshiba Notebook CDT 410. I had asked in
this group if it is possible and someone answered that there will be
no problem.

But now there is a problem:
The System has a 1.2 MB HD and the build in Toshiba CD-ROM. I am using the
Release Supplement Disk with ATAPI which was included to our distribution.
Then I follow the steps described in the Release Notes to install from
an IDE CD-ROM.

I am using this bootstring:
defbootstr ahslink=ATAPI

It works fine until I have to choose the installation media. In the Notes
step 6 describes that I have to choose "SCSI CD-ROM".

When I do so the only answer is that I do not have a SCSI adapter!

What can I do??? It is very urgent.

Thanks!

Knut

2. PPP & NetCom

3. Solaris 2.4 x86 supporting Sony 55E IDE CD-ROM?

4. MWave on thinkpad 755ce- how to enable?

5. Q: Does Solaris 2.4 x86 support IDE CD-ROM

6. Can you set KDE to use XDM instead of KDM?

7. CD Player for IDE CD-ROM's

8. Something like Wabi

9. E-IDE CD-ROM vold support as a slave

10. E-IDE CD-ROM Drive and I/O Error