how to do screen capture in solaris8

Post by eng8161 » Sat, 19 Jan 2002 21:44:09

Hi expert,

can someone teach me how to capture the screen in solaris ? and print it
out

I have a program with some output graph but this program got no printing
feature. thus need to capture the screen

thanks

Post by Martin Pau » Sat, 19 Jan 2002 22:02:21

> can someone teach me how to capture the screen in solaris ? and print it
> out

CDE's "Image Viewer" can take snapshots. Start it via the toolbar,
the workspace menu, or from the command line with "sdtimage".

hth, mp.
--
                         Martin Paul | Systems Administrator

Liechtensteinstrasse 22, A-1090 Wien | Tel: 01 4277 38803
        http://www.par.univie.ac.at/ | Fax: 01 4277 9388

how to do screen capture in solaris8

Post by Avarda » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 00:13:34

/usr/openwin/bin/snapshot

Quote:> Hi expert,

Post by adam.lapo.. » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:54:07

> /usr/openwin/bin/snapshot

>> Hi expert,

>> can someone teach me how to capture the screen in solaris ? and print it
>> out

>> I have a program with some output graph but this program got no printing
>> feature. thus need to capture the screen

>> thanks

You can also use xwd `man xwd`

--
Adam LaPoint
UNIX System Administrator

Post by Logan Sh » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 05:09:28

>can someone teach me how to capture the screen in solaris ? and print it
>out

>I have a program with some output graph but this program got no printing
>feature. thus need to capture the screen

One way is to type "xwd | xpr | lp", then click on the window.

You can also try the program "snapshot" (which comes with Solaris), but
when I tried this, it complained that it can't find another program,
/usr/openwin/bin/rash.  I'm not sure if this is because I haven't got
this program installed or because it no longer comes with Solaris.
(All these OpenLook programs are to be end-of-lifed soon...)

Another option, if you have it installed, is the third-party program "xv".
It works quite well for this purpose, but if you don't have it installed,
it can take some work to get it installed.

  - Logan
--
"I'll tell you something.  Luxury disgusts me."  Giorgio Armani, Jan 17, 2002
( http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020117/re/life_fashion_armani_dc_1.... )

1. Request Screen Capture / Print Screen utility

Does anyone know of a PD "screen capture" or "printscreen" utility for AIX?
I normally work on a DECstation, and we have a screen capture utility which
can grab a portion of the screen and turn it into a postscript file.
I need to be able to do the same thing on the IBM when running X11 (R4, I
think).

Please reply by e-mail, for I do not often read this newsgroup.
Thanks for your help.

                                Charles Michael Davis

                                (No cute signature block!  :^)

2. top - utility

3. How to take a screen snapshot on Solaris8 CDE?

4. Anyone working on Plug n' Play support?

5. C++ app built on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07 crashes on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07

6. unable to start ppp

7. formatting dos floppy on solaris8 x86

8. gethostbyname() in libcso509p broken ?

9. Screen capture with OpenGL

10. screen capture utility

11. Gimp & screen capture

12. Help capturing screen data