live upgrade with none global zones

Post by Arno Schneide » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:16:59

Is there a posibility to live upgrade a solaris 10 with none global zones
to solaris 10u2?

The Sun web site says: wait for Solaris Live Update will support this...

best regards,
arno
--

              Rechenzentrum Fachhochschule Augsburg
PGP fingerprint: C6 AD 36 FF B1 6A 8E 66  30 27 2B FA 02 46 B4 8E

1. Viewing non-global routes from global zone

I asked this question in Sun's Solaris 10 Forums a few days ago and
didn't get a reply, so I'd like to repose it here:

Is there a command or other mechanism by which one can see non-global
routes from the global zone (other than zlogin)?

It's my understanding that only one routing table can exist per kernel,
hence you cannot create per-zone routing tables, hence you cannot
manipulate the sole routing table from the non-global zone, and hence
you lose routes for non-global zones when they are halted/rebooted.

So with the global's evident dominance over the routing table, I'm
puzzled as to why a "netstat -rn" from the global zone does not show
routes with IPs in the non-global zones, routes that *are* visible via
netstat in their respective zones.

Thanks
--Greg Chavez

2. wu.ftpd error on startup

3. Advice sought: global zone pkgs vs. local zone pkgs

4. Solaris 8 Install Problem

5. Global zone and resource pool

6. xwindows libGL.so documentation and source

7. Problems with remove packages in non-global zone

8. Using quotactl subroutine

9. patchadd fails on non-global non-sparse non-running zones

10. solaris 10 pkgadd in non-global zone cpio error

11. ISC dhcpd in a Solaris 10 non-global zone - working!

12. Solaris 10 Global on Intranet, and Zone in Extranet

13. adding pkgs to non-global zones