Anyone experience with Solaris 8 IP multipathing?

Anyone experience with Solaris 8 IP multipathing?

Post by r » Sat, 04 May 2002 19:47:12

Hi

I have to setup an E10000 domain for an important project. Network
attachment is configured with two qfe cards. I've played around with
in.mpathd, and it seems to work. If i unplug the cable on one qfe, all
adresses switch to the other card.
But my company never used this stuff on a production (neither a test)
system, and i would like to know if anyone has used this feature on a
server under heavy load and if there where any problems.

Regards

Chris

Anyone experience with Solaris 8 IP multipathing?

Post by Patrick de Zoet » Sat, 04 May 2002 19:53:22

Hi RC,

We have been using IPMP on *loads* of servers under many many
different circumstances (mostly heavy load and all production)
but rarely ran into problems.

However I do remember some issues with our 15K, there is a sun
internal memo about it. This problem document has number: FIN#: I0757-1
(jan/03/02) and Sun suggests to install patch 109882-05 and 110723-04 or
later. It might be of interest to you hence you are planning on
using it on a 10K ;)

Patrick de Zoete

Quote:> Hi