Ethernet config

Post by Kent Lunde » Sun, 04 May 1997 04:00:00

        I am trying to get our sparc system on our network. We are running
version 2.5 of solaris. First question is what is the name of the ethernet
device?  I assume i need to configure it with ifconfig. Would there be
anything else needed to be run to configure after using ifconfig?

        Thanks in advance.

Kent Lundeen

Ethernet config

Post by Mike D. Ka » Sun, 04 May 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>    I am trying to get our sparc system on our network. We are running
>version 2.5 of solaris. First question is what is the name of the ethernet
>device?  I assume i need to configure it with ifconfig. Would there be
>anything else needed to be run to configure after using ifconfig?

either /dev/le or /dev/hme (hme is the FastEthernet driver)

you need to create an /etc/hostname.{le0,hme0} file and the
/etc/init.d/inetinit does the 'ifconfig' for you at boot time

--
/*-------------------------------------------------------------*/
/*  Mike D. Kail                    |  voice:  (619) 350-3524  */

/*-------------------------------------------------------------*/

1. Multi-ethernet config at boot strange problem...

J'ai dj rencontr ce problme. Linux n'utilise pas forcment les cartes comme
elles ont t dfinies. Il faut en ralit soit:
 installer les cartes les unes aprs les autres
 ou
 observer l'ordre dans lequelle elles sont dcouvertes et les programmer en
consquence
cela arrive frquemment avec le PCI et le plug and pray    ;-)

Marc Ledauphin

2. HELP, Unable to execute binary file

3. rookie linux user - ethernet config

4. Moving Linux to a 20Gb hard drive.