How to run a Sun Ray at home?

Post by Gary Mill » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:13:31

What would be required for me to run a Sun Ray at home, using the Sun
Ray servers at work?  There are Solaris machines at both ends.
Assuming that a VPN is required, can I set this up on Solaris?  I have
a cable modem connection at home.

--
-Gary Mills-    -Unix Support-    -U of M Academic Computing and Networking-

How to run a Sun Ray at home?

Post by ML Starke » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 00:40:50

> What would be required for me to run a Sun Ray at home, using the Sun
> Ray servers at work?  There are Solaris machines at both ends.
> Assuming that a VPN is required, can I set this up on Solaris?  I have
> a cable modem connection at home.

According to this site: http://www.sun.com/software/sunray/index.xml

Sunray Server version 3 "extends installations for work-from-home via a
DSL or cable connections."

So at a minimum, you'd need SRSS 3.0

How to run a Sun Ray at home?

Post by Gary Mill » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 00:58:26

>> What would be required for me to run a Sun Ray at home, using the Sun
>> Ray servers at work?  There are Solaris machines at both ends.
>> Assuming that a VPN is required, can I set this up on Solaris?  I have
>> a cable modem connection at home.
>According to this site: http://www.sun.com/software/sunray/index.xml
>Sunray Server version 3 "extends installations for work-from-home via a
>DSL or cable connections."

Yes, that's what I'd like to try.

Quote:>So at a minimum, you'd need SRSS 3.0

We have SRSS 3.1 beta on a test server.  I'm very pleased
with it.

--
-Gary Mills-    -Unix Support-    -U of M Academic Computing and Networking-

1. Sun Ray Server and Sun Ray 150 question

Can anyone help with this question.

I have a Sun Ray server with about a dozen Sun Ray 150's attached.
I'm trying to boot the Sun Rays on the Sun Ray server, but instead of the
default CDE login/session, I want the Sun Rays to open a KDE login session
from A Linux server.

I can use the Chooser button to select another Xserver, but I want it to
default to the Linux servers Xserver for a KDE session.

does anyone know how I might go about this? or anyother methods I might try.
I need to use the Sun Ray 150's though.

Regards to all
Kevin

2. Help uninstalling Linux/LILO

3. Q: Did anybody managed to run Sun Microsystems Ray 1?

4. software watchdog

5. POV-Ray 3.1e for Sun Solaris 2.5.1 and UltraSparc running well ...

6. Newbie w/ an NFS export question

7. Sizing Sun Ray Servers Running Windows Applications

8. swapon->swapoff->swapon doesn't work

9. SUN Microsystem Sun Ray 150 Thin client - 4 sale!

10. Smartcard sessions + authentication with Sun Ray / When the hell does Sun Ray Server Software 2.0 get released?

11. Sun Ray Server 1.3