UDP dropping packets

Post by Mitr » Fri, 04 Feb 1994 13:10:34

Has anyone else seen problems with UDP dropping packets.

I've got UDP sending a lot of packets to a client on the same machine,
it only sends the first 9 packets, and the rest are lost.  The code runs
fine on a BSD4.1.3 machine, and under SCO Unix. We are runnignSolaris
2.3 on a Sparc 10 with 2 processors - its currently lightly loaded, so
that shouldnt be the problem.

I've looked - but cant find - any tunable paramaters relating to UDP
buffers or anything like that.

- Mitra

1. Firewall dropping Kazaa UDP packets it shouldn't -- Need help

Hi

I am trying to get kanat to work -- This allows you to run a kazaa
machine behind a firewall.

All you have to do is forward both the UDP and the TCP port of your
choice to the kazaa machine behind your NAT.

OK, no problem.  But if I completely open up my firewall, and just
turn on forwarding, then it works.

But, if I turn on port forwarding in my normal software package
(firestater), then only half of the UDP packets come through.  The
rest are dropped.

I'm dying for a decent kazaa machine.  Can anyone help me figure out
what rule in Firestater is causing only some of the UDP packets to be
dropped?

I don't even know where to start.

Thanks,
Greg

2. newbie swap question

3. PKERNEL: Warning: RPC/UDP receive queue are full, packet dropping

4. ADSL with Roaring Penguin ppoe

5. Linux maybe dropping UDP packets?

6. moving a meta device

7. dropped udp packets - due to no socket

8. ftpaccess (wu-ftp) - help...!

9. UDP Tuning to prevent dropped packets

10. UDP packets dropped

11. UDP packets dropping

12. UDP packet drops when using 2 interfaces

13. Dropped UDP packets