Help! Unable to view certain sites

Post by DelRio.com Suppor » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:12:25

I am with an ISP and we recently went from unix to Solaris 8, however since
then our customers using Win95, Win NT, and Mac have had problems viewing
certain sites. To name a few, the sites are iwon.com, cnbc.com, yahoo mail,
and napster (AHHHHHHHH!!!) among numerous other secure sites and logon
sites. We were able to fix win 95 by updating the Dial up networking,
however NT and Mac are still having problems. It's as if they are not
resolving. There is also a problem with all of our clients not being able to
send mail to certain domains, we get an error message stating "Cannot verify
MX records for recipient host", I do not know if the two are connected. I'm
going bald from pulling my hair out and would appreciate any suggestions.

--

Charles

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:30:01

|I am with an ISP and we recently went from unix to Solaris 8, however since

Solaris 8 is a type of Unix.

|then our customers using Win95, Win NT, and Mac have had problems viewing
|certain sites. To name a few, the sites are iwon.com, cnbc.com, yahoo mail,
|and napster (AHHHHHHHH!!!) among numerous other secure sites and logon
|sites. We were able to fix win 95 by updating the Dial up networking,
|however NT and Mac are still having problems. It's as if they are not
|resolving.

What does the Solaris machine do for your clients?  Is it the PPP dialup
server? DNS server? HTTP proxy server?  What exactly is the error
message your clients are seeing?

Help! Unable to view certain sites

Post by DelRio.com Suppor » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:44:50

I realize solaris is one of the many flavors of unix, sorry for the slip.
All 3 machines are solaris 8, we have mail, web host, DNS, and dial up.
clients get a message that page cannot be displayed.

--

Charles

> |I am with an ISP and we recently went from unix to Solaris 8, however
since

> Solaris 8 is a type of Unix.

> |then our customers using Win95, Win NT, and Mac have had problems viewing
> |certain sites. To name a few, the sites are iwon.com, cnbc.com, yahoo
mail,
> |and napster (AHHHHHHHH!!!) among numerous other secure sites and logon
> |sites. We were able to fix win 95 by updating the Dial up networking,
> |however NT and Mac are still having problems. It's as if they are not
> |resolving.

> What does the Solaris machine do for your clients?  Is it the PPP dialup
> server? DNS server? HTTP proxy server?  What exactly is the error
> message your clients are seeing?

> --

>   Working for, but definitely not speaking for, Sun Microsystems, Inc.

1. Cannot view certain sites with IP-masquerading

Hi all,
I'm using pmfirewall as my firewall and on my windows machine I cannot
get to certain websites like www.moviefone.com and
www.bellatlantic.net/infospeed. Both these sites time out but they both
work fine from the linux box. Is it a port I should enable??

Thanks

NevJam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. USB Keyboard & Mouse Compatability

3. Can not view certain web sites

4. 60 MB tapes in 150 MB tape drive

5. Unable to connect to certain http sites via PPP connection

6. Tape Backup

7. How to ban certain sites from sending mail to my site?

8. recomm. for sysadmin? (D subnet, heterogenous env.)

9. PLEASE HELP: unable to view cron

10. view certain font in linux

11. make the users to relogin at certain time to view some pages/doc.

12. NFS/Chameleon problems viewing certain directories on UNIX server

13. Telnet from certain sites broken...