How to select specific mail accounts to receive postings with bulletin database (solaris - sendmail)

How to select specific mail accounts to receive postings with bulletin database (solaris - sendmail)

Post by Vassilis Salapata » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 17:15:03

Dear everybody,

Is there a way to select specific users accounts that will not receive a
posting when adding a file to the bulletin directory
(/usr/local/etc/bulletins) to send an email to all my mail users accounts?
I'm using solaris 2.6 and sendmail.... My users do not have shell
accounts...

TIA

Vassilis Salapatas, MSc

Post by Barry Margoli » Sun, 30 Jun 2002 00:08:14

>Is there a way to select specific users accounts that will not receive a
>posting when adding a file to the bulletin directory
>(/usr/local/etc/bulletins) to send an email to all my mail users accounts?
>I'm using solaris 2.6 and sendmail.... My users do not have shell
>accounts...

Since this is in /usr/local, the mail is being generated by some software
your site installed, not standard Solaris software, so you should consult
the documentation of that software.  If it's a well-known software package,
mention the name here and maybe someone will know about it; however, I
wouldn't be surprised if it's just a script that one of your previous
system administrators wrote.

--

Genuity, Woburn, MA