Pushing modules onto mounted stream: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Pushing modules onto mounted stream: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Post by Mike Shimon » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 22:48:56

Here's what I was doing wrong:

Something happened with the daemon that was supposed to be connected to the
other end of the pipe, and he died without deleting
the device file the application tries to open as the pipe. So, the app could
open the file but it couldn't push a module onto it because it wasn't a
stream.

1. What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?

1.
What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?
Will its open and close routines called each time when it is
pushed? And shall I write some special code to handle this situation?

2.
What happens if a stream module is opened multiple times?
Will its open and close routines called each time when it is
pushed? And shall I write some special code to handle this situation?

2. All i want is 19200Kbps....

3. How to push a module onto an existing STREAM?

4. qlogicfc driver

5. getting 'ioctl failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device'

6. Route table???

7. Error: ftp: ioctl I_FIND ttcompat: Inappropriate ioctl for device

8. ??: Mods To Penguin.Patch for Other Resolutions???

9. getting - "ioctl failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device"

10. Solaris x86 failure to push streams module into network stream

11. How to push STREAMS module into socket stream

12. inappropriate ioctl for device?

13. Inappropriate ioctl for device