Help: PPP on Solaris 2.3 dial-up with Mac

Help: PPP on Solaris 2.3 dial-up with Mac

Post by brian nichol » Wed, 20 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I am trying to configure PPP on a Sparc20 with Solaris 2.3.  SunOS5.3
has PPP installed on the computer.  I don't have a modem hooked up to
the computer, but the university has a bank of modems which I currently
use to route over to the Sun using SLIP and TIA.  Unfortunately, the
annex router does not support PPP.  Is it possible to use the remote
dial-up user PPP scripts (a Mac using MacPPP or InterPPP) to route over
to the Sun and still use PPP?  Any help would be appreciated.

University of Iowa

1. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

You are better off borrowing/buying/stealing a CD and loading a fresh 2.7
install.
From what I've heard, there are issues with upgrading via CVS.  Plus, it's
_SLOW_.
Trust me. If you don't have the cash (US $30, I believe) you could probably
ask
somebody to copy their 2.7 CD for you (hint,hint).  Of course, buying the CD
makes
OBSD 2.8 and higher a possibility, which is a Good Thing.

Good luck.

2. NIS or DNS?

3. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link problems

4. Wireless connection woes.

5. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link Problems

6. PPPD not exiting on carrier drop

7. PPP connection crashing Solaris 2.3 dial-in host

8. suEXEC / non suEXEC performance

9. Can a solaris w/s be configured for PPP dial-out AND PPP dial-in?

10. UPS debugger Solaris 2.3

11. ups debugger on solaris 2.3

12. HELP! Solaris 2.6 x86 PPP Dial-Up Problems...

13. PPP on Solaris 2.3! (HELP!)