Problem with Mailer on Solaris 7

Post by Stephen Ras » Sun, 11 Apr 1999 04:00:00

It seems that there is a problem with the Solaris 7 mailer.  If I
include a message with headers and send it to Solaris, it will split
the message into to mail messages.  For example, including the
following message and forwarding it to a Solaris 7 account will cause
two messages to be displayed.

===== Beginning of  whole message =====
This is an included message that might get split on receipt.

----- Begin Included Message -----

From stephen Fri Apr  9 17:15:34 1999
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 17:15:34 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Bsafe error

This is a test message

----- End Included Message -----

===== End of whole message =====

--
Stephen Rasku                   http://www.tgivan.com/
Senior Software Engineer
TGI Technologies

1. GnuPG / mailer problem: How to find out where the mailer is wrong ?

Hi fellow linuxers,

hope this is not the wrong place to ask this - if it is, just ignore me or
give back a flame that's worth a giggle or two ...,;-)

1. the setting

gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.1  (also tried 1.0.4)
Ximian evolution 1.1.2 Beta 2 (also tried 1.0.8 final)
KMail 1.3.1

2. the problem

I am trying to encrypt to a public key that is somewhat special, in that
it has two User-IDs, one of which does *not* contain an email address,
like this:

uid                            John Doe
sub  4096g/G8456233 2002-08-18 [expires: 2004-08-18]

For KMail this is no problem: If the message is addressed to the exact UID

KMail is unsure about the key to encrypt to, it simply brings up a
selection dialog.

Ximian evolution on the other hand seems to pass something different to
gpg, and as a consequence, in the process of encrypting a message to such
a key, I get an error message back saying that gpg "can't find a valid
recipient". Even typing the recipients exact user-ID does not help.

3. what I have tried

I did a regular expression search in the config files (located in
~/evolution/ ) for terms like 'gpg', but didn't find any clues.

I have tried to 'strace -ff -v -o debug.pid evolution' but this didn't
produce any useful output (e.g. the options that gpg is called up with)

4. the question

What else could I do, or where else could I look in order to find out what
evolution does differently with gpg ?

I really like evolution as it is some of the best integrated solutions,
but without working gpg integration it is useless for me.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments !

Cheers,

Martin

2. help: how to read PDF file on FreeBSD?

3. Problem with MAILER after MU 4 on Solaris 2.7

4. Linux'er in the area of Linz/Austria?

5. Mailers / mailer programs

6. gicqd 0.0.94b problem

7. SOLARIS 9 mailer prinitng

8. Jobsheduling

9. no mailer on Solaris 2.6

10. POP3 mailer for solaris 2.x

11. Solaris 'Mailer' program cannot read UNIX Mail Files???

12. Solaris 2.5 Mailer (dtmail) question

13. Pine 3.0x (mailer) on Solaris 2.1?