SUN Garbage Collector Messes Up Memory Allocated in SubThreads?

SUN Garbage Collector Messes Up Memory Allocated in SubThreads?

Post by Va » Sun, 02 Dec 2001 08:48:19

Could Garbage Collect feature (in SUN CC 5.0) mess up message
allocated in sub-threads when subthreads terminated?

I have a main thread (X application - Solaris 2.5.1) that communicates
with sub-threads using pipe.  Subthread(s) creates a string then
passes its pointer to the main thread.  However, the string seems
corrupted when the program is compiled with garbage collector enable
(eg. -ldl -lgc).  It works OK without garbage collector.

What is the cause and how to correct/avoid it?

Thanks.

1. Any good shared memory garbage collector or library?

Hi everybody,

I need that several independent processes share the

same variables. Anybody knows about a library that
let me do this in an easier manner??

I'm playing with MM library, but I'm not able that other
process access the segment of memory allocated by one.
The process will have distinct parents.

Thanks a lot.

2. need Low-Res Xconfig

3. The XML Garbage Collector

4. NIS client using KDE

5. Problem with the Garbage Collector of the Netscape proxy server

6. System Call for getting number of free bytes on the heap

7. Boehm Garbage Collector under FreeBSD

8. Alpha newbie quiestions

9. Garbage collector for linux?

10. Garbage Collectors for C++ on Linux, anybody using any?

11. Multithreaded garbage collector in IBM's JVM 1.3?

12. Bug in the Garbage Collector of the Netscape Proxy Server?

13. Low-memory install: Cannot allocate memory at startup!