Help with PPP and RAID controller

Post by Don Smit » Wed, 06 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello, I have an Enterprise 3500 running Solaris 2.6 that I need to have
communicate with our RAID controller via ppp.
The RAID controller is a RAIDION.u2w.
I check the ppp status on the raid controller, and it says IP packets being
routed.  But the IP address it gets is 0.0.0.0, same with the gateway.
I am not familiar with ppp, yet.
I know that ppp software is loaded on the system,
# pkginfo|grep ppp
system      SUNWapppr      PPP/IP Asynchronous PPP daemon configuration
files
system      SUNWapppu      PPP/IP Asynchronous PPP daemon and PPP login
service
system      SUNWpppk       PPP/IP and IPdialup Device Drivers
I don't think ppp is running however, it doesn't show up as running.
 ps -ef|grep asppp doesn't show anything.
Any help would be much appreciated!  :-)
Thanks,
Don

http://www.stokely.com