In what directory is the c++ compiler?

Post by Ronald Fische » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I am using Solaris x86 ver 2.4. My question is: in what directory is
> the c++ compiler located, and what is the name of the compiler.
> The reason I am asking this is because there is no file c++ on the
> system, there is cc, but that is not c++ but C.

>                   Any help is greatly appreciated

> P.S. Please, forward your replies via email as well

find / -name CC -print
Ronald Otto Valentin Fischer

In what directory is the c++ compiler?

Post by Bryan O'Sulliv » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

writes:

r> I am using Solaris x86 ver 2.4. My question is: in what directory
r> is the c++ compiler located, and what is the name of the compiler.

Solaris 2 does not come bundled with a compiler.  If the Sun compiler
hasn't been installed in /opt/SUNWspro, you'll have to buy it and
install it (or else install gcc).

        <b

--
Let us pray: