Getting users to show up 'on console' with xdm logins under Solaris 2.5

Getting users to show up 'on console' with xdm logins under Solaris 2.5

Post by Daniel R Ehrli » Sat, 06 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I would like a user that logs into one of our workstations from the xdm
authentication widget to show up as on the console in the output from
w and finger, so the following were added to GiveConsole:

        sessreg -a -l console $USER </dev/console >/dev/console 2>&1
        touch /dev/console

The problem is that this does not work consistently.  Has anyone else tried
to do this?  Have you been successful?  What needs to be donw to make this
work?

Thanks,
Dan Ehrlich

--
Dan Ehrlich - Systems Analyst - PSU Computer Science and Engineering
"Universities should be safe havens where ruthless examination of realities