Solaris 2.6 5/98 and CD-ROM

Post by Bruce Adle » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hi everybody!

> I installed Solaris 2.6 5/98 from the CD and everything went OK.
> Booting up the machine works splendid and mounting floppies works too.

> Now when I insert a CD in my Sony CD-ROM it hangs the vold and automount

> resulting in seizing the /vol directory. After that I am not able to
> change
> floppies or ejecting the CD.  The CD-ROM  is the Master on the second
> IDE port.
> According to the compatability list my drive should work (obviously
> because
> I was able to use the same drive for installing the system).

Try using the updated ata driver:

        http://access1.sun.com/drivers/DU3/drivers/images/du3ata.bin

Neither the 2.6 5/98 release or the 2.6 MU2 release includes the updated ata
driver.

BA

1. Patched 2.6 3/98 and 2.6 5/98 the same?

I'm pretty confident they're the same, but I'd like to get input from
others:

Is there any difference between a well patched system that was jumped
with Solaris 2.6 3/98 and a well patched system that was jumped with
Solaris 2.6 5/98?

I know 5/98 had better PCI support, but can that improved support be
obtained for 3/98 by just patching it?

Inquiring minds want to know ...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Any tips on using mkisofs -hard-disk-boot?

3. Solaris 2.6 3/98 vs 5/98?

4. Problem on IP Masquerade work with USR X2 Modem !!

5. Differences between Solaris 2.6 March 98 and May 98

6. rpm stopped working?

7. NEED: Solaris 2.6 5/98 cd

8. Is there any TTCN based scripting for Linux?

9. 2.6 FCS -> 2.6 5/98 upgrade fails because /usr moved to /usr:2.6

10. Commercial:Newest Linux CDs from Universal CD-ROM(8/98)

11. PCI UltraSCSI card REQUIRES Sol 2.6 HW 5/98 (not 3/98) ?

12. CD-ROM problems with Solaris 2.6

13. Solaris 2.6 x86, Dell Dimension XPS D300, UltraDMA, and Toshiba 24x CD-ROM