Solstice Adminsuite Help

Post by Michele Harpe » Fri, 21 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Our NIS server, "serv1", is running Solaris 2.5 and
"serv2" is running Solaris 2.5.1. Solstice is installed
and executed from "serv1".

I have been using Solstice to add user accounts
onto "serv1" but then moved all home directories
to "serv2". Now when I try to add a user, I get
an error message that the home directory cannot
be created. I give the absolute path (/home_dirs/g1/user)
and the server as "serv2".

The only way around this (that I have found) is to bypass
the 'create home directory' option and create
the home directory outside of Solstice.

I modified the auto_home and dfstab on "serv1"
by adding entries for SUNWadm and added a link
on "serv2" in /opt to /home/SUNWadm. That didn't
solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Michele

Solstice Adminsuite Help

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Sat, 22 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>I have been using Solstice to add user accounts
>onto "serv1" but then moved all home directories
>to "serv2". Now when I try to add a user, I get
>an error message that the home directory cannot
>be created. I give the absolute path (/home_dirs/g1/user)
>and the server as "serv2".

The home diectories are created as root; make sure that "serv1" has
root access to "serv2" exports using, root=serv1 in /etc/dfs/dfstab
on serv2

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.