prompted password when I rsh locally

Post by mr_potato_h.. » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
        I have a few problems but I think they are all related.  I just setup a
new machine running solaris 2.6.  This machine is part of my NIS and is
setup just like the other 60 or so Sun servers I have.  As "root" on my
new machine I cannot rcp from any other machine.  I get the response
"rcp: protocol screwup: mtime.sec not delimited".  I can even do a local
"rsh" followed by the hostname without being prompted for a password.  I
then deleted the "root"'s ".cshrc" and now I'm getting "permission
denied" on the "rcp".  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Removing password prompt for rsh and rexec

Does anyone know how to remove the user=B4s password prompt when doing rs=
and rexec?. I=B4m trying to rsh and rexec from a Windows NT 3.51 machine
to a Solaris 2.5 x86 with TCP/Wrappers (from Internet Gateway for
Solaris). I=B4m able to deactivate the wrappers but I still can=B4t rsh a=
nd
rexec without the password prompt.

Thank you very much.

Pablo Groberman
Rosario - Argentina

2. konqueror profiles view -> Use index.html permanent deselection?

3. grep -f fails when using rsh but wrks locally

4. Is there Free Merge5 for free OSR506?

5. Securing locally w/ rsh - concerns/questions...

6. CS4236 in Linux (kernel 2.0.37)

7. pam_ldap and password management and rsh/ssh without password

8. Looking for data on X Dynamically loadable modules

9. Removing Password: prompt for Account with no Password Solaris X.86

10. rsh works on the ksh prompt but not in a shell script

11. rsh never returns to prompt - SIGTTIN

12. Delay in rsh returning to prompt?

13. rsh problem: lost prompt