Telnet API

Post by Dave McDonal » Thu, 24 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking for a C/C++ API into telnet. Many Sockets
protocol stacks come with such an API, but not Solaris'.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

1. ** telnet api for linux? **

From spln!extra.newsguy.com!newsp.newsguy.com!not-for-mail Mon May 31 19:07:08 1999

Newsgroups: comp.unix.programmer
Subject: ** telnet api for linux? **
Date: 28 May 1999 23:46:33 GMT

OK I've checked for a FAQ for this group but I didn't find any and I've
checked with comp.unix.programmer but I have been unable to find a telnet
api for linux.  I am looking for something with GNU distribution or
similar (free).  Anyway I had tried just setting up a stream pipe to a
telnet process but I didn't have much luck.  Basically I just want to be
able to pass some commands to a telnet session and read the output.
Rather than trying to code a telnet client, I figured it would be less
buggy (and easier) to find an api to do this or interface with
/usr/bin/telnet. Has anyone used one or can someone shed some light on an
algorithm to communicate with a telnet process?  BTW the code must
be in C.  Thanks in advance.

validus

2. Looking for good F77 compiler

3. MkLinux

4. Telnet API

5. X-client for Windows NT

6. Telnet Client API Anyone?

7. Linux supporta la Matrox Mistique

8. Telnet Negotiation @ Pathway API

9. Spell checking API - API to ISPELL needed

10. HCON API/API programming ...

11. telnet 0 vs telnet `hostname` vs telnet 127.0.0.1

12. telnet programming: CAI IP does NOT stop telnet???