Using debugger to print vars in HEX. How?

Using debugger to print vars in HEX. How?

Post by Richard Steinberg » Fri, 25 Mar 1994 00:57:27

        It seems to me there ought to be an easy way to print out variables
in HEX (or octal) within the SparcWorks De* program.  But I can't
quite figure out what it is.  The only option I see is to get the
address of the variable then use one of the "Alternative Memory
"Debugging a Program" book.  Does anyone know of a more direct
method to do this?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Ric Steinberger

"For De Mille, young fur-henchmen can't be rowing!" Thomas Pynchon
                                                    Gravity's Rainbow

1. Using var in var′s

Hi, if i have an environment file:
env.sh with these two lines:
1_stuff=10
2_stuff=15

and call a script where $1=2
where I want to use the variables previously set in env.sh, how do I get the
value?

eval echo $`echo $1`_stuff gives me the right variabel: 1_stuff
but how do retrieve the value 15 from the "2_stuff" variable in the script,
obviously:
value=eval echo $`echo $1`_stuff
doesnt work so how?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/\/\orten $eeberg

2. X-newbie(sorta)

3. Using RAMdisk for /var/lock and /var/run

4. Starting KDE ...

5. printf: hex to decimal to hex?

6. Kernel tests available ?

7. Cannot Print to /var/spool/print??

8. the daemon programs are not working

9. sh var -> awk var -> sh var

10. Compare file modification date using tcsh built-ins

11. Stabbed US preacher flees INDIA state (The same INS tactics used against the stabbed preacher)

12. Plug-Ins using C++

13. Printing 2 parts of 8 part int in hex