Solaris 2.5 with adaptec 2940/2940u

Post by Jean / Chanta » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I install solaris fine, but when it reboots it comes up with on error.
Almost
like it does not see the adaptec 2940 pci scsi. It works fine with a ncr
scsi and 1515 adaptec scsi. I have downloaded the latest drivers from
sunsoft. Still no luck. Please help urgently.
Jean.

1. Solaris 2.5 w/ Adaptec 2940

I'm having a problem loading Solaris 2.5 on a Pentium 90 PC.  The hardware
details are as follows:

        Intel Zappa motherboard
        PCI
        Adaptec 2940 host adapter
        32MB memory
        Toshiba CDROM XM-3701TA
        Exabyte 8505XL tape drive
        Fujitsu M1606S-512 disk drive
        Diamond Stealth graphics card

I have tried the various Driver Update diskettes, but always get the following
error message after I use the second floppy and select the CDROM to boot
from.  I get the error message after I get to the secondary boot and select
interactive (or custom):

        Booting kernel/unix...
        SunOS Release 5.5 ...
        Copyright...

        (Can't load the root filesystem)
        Type any key to continue

Hopefully this is an easy answer for someone.  Please send an email response
if possible.  Thanks!

--
Bill Mar

2. Dell PERC AID card / HP NetRAID d4943a /AMI megaraid 428

3. ?Adaptec 2940/Ultra and Solaris 2.5/x86 (DU6) problems

4. http protocol: Why does the client send two requests

5. Adaptec 2940 vs 2940U

6. Squid compilation

7. AHA-2940/2940U, different signature says adaptec tech support

8. DNS nameserver+Linux - HELP!

9. Adaptec 2940 vs 2940U

10. Adaptec 2940 and X86 2.5?

11. Upgrading Adaptec 2940 to 2940 UW on RedHat 5.1

12. Does Adaptec 2940 driver work with Adaptec 3940 too ?

13. Adaptec 2940 & Adaptec 1505 ???