Solaris 2.5.1 PPP Problem

Post by Robert Pal » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I have a Sparc IPX that I am having problems connecting to my provider via
PPP.

I do a "cu -d -L nac_ppp" and watch it connect.  After it gets to "CONNECT",
it freezes while waiting for the "login:" prompt.  It says "expect (gin:^M)"

Is there anything that i am doing wrong??

Thanks

Solaris 2.5.1 PPP Problem

Post by James Blan » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

do a cu -d nac_ppp and walk through the process, write down the login
sequence.  Then you'll need to edit /etc/uucp/Systems to walk right
through the login.

Normally
nac_ppp Any (your_tag) 38400 number "" P_ZERO ogin: <your_login>\n sswd:
<your_passwd>\n

you may not even need the \n.

to test it once again, use cu -d -L nac_ppp and watch as it goes through
the process..

Mail me if you have any problems

> I have a Sparc IPX that I am having problems connecting to my provider via
> PPP.

> I do a "cu -d -L nac_ppp" and watch it connect.  After it gets to "CONNECT",
> it freezes while waiting for the "login:" prompt.  It says "expect (gin:^M)"

> Is there anything that i am doing wrong??

> Thanks

Solaris 2.5.1 PPP Problem

Post by Cameron Simpso » Sat, 19 Apr 1997 04:00:00

| I have a Sparc IPX that I am having problems connecting to my provider via
| PPP.
|
| I do a "cu -d -L nac_ppp" and watch it connect.  After it gets to "CONNECT",
| it freezes while waiting for the "login:" prompt.  It says "expect (gin:^M)"
|
| Is there anything that i am doing wrong??

That ^M is a worry. Is it possible your (um, /etc/uucp/Systems?) file has
CR LF for line termination instead of just NL? Anyway, most login prompts
aren't followed by a ^M, so that's probably the sticking point. Have a close
look at the Systems file (perhaps with "od -c" or with the "l" command in
ed or vi).

          http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/
--
No, that's the good part. The problem is that Scotland does have a
   foreign government with tax-raising powers.

1. Solaris 2.5.1 PPP problem

I trying to setup an outgoing PPP connection is Solaris 2.5.1, and seem to
be getting hung up while setting up the /etc/uucp/Systems file.  I am able
to get my login prompt, when I send my username I then get an echo of 3 of
the chars of my username instead of my password prompt.  When I try to
connect using cu -b 8 abc-defg I am able to enter my name and password
without problems.  Any ideas of what I am missing?  I am running 2.5.1 x86
with a Hayes Accura 288 V.FC + Fax on my second com port.

Thanks,
  Jason Seriff

2. Diamond Viper 330 and Intel AL440LX combination

3. PPP problems on Solaris 2.4/Morningstar PPP

4. Magitronic NE2000 Clone?

5. Solaris PPP connecting to non-Solaris PPP

6. netbeans caused native 1.3.1 version to crash...

7. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link problems

8. Giant packets from where ??

9. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link Problems

10. PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE

11. Connecting Win 95 PPP to Solaris 2.5 PPP

12. NT PPP <---> Solaris 2.4 PPP kills sparc station !!!!!!!

13. Trumpet Winsock 2.0B PPP and Solaris 2.4 x86 PPP