Complied Binaries of GNU versions of awk, sed and grep for Solaris 2.6

Complied Binaries of GNU versions of awk, sed and grep for Solaris 2.6

Post by PSB Networ » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Folks
        Where can I get the COMPLIED BINARIES NOT THE SOURCE CODE for gnu versions
of awk, sed and grep  for SOLARIS 2.6 (SPARC PLATFORM).
I checked the great site "www.sunfreeware.com" but unfortunately the
complied binaries for the above mentioned programs are not available at
this point of time.
Could anybody point me to some other web site.
You could either post your reply here or e-mail me directly at

Thanks
Sandeep

Complied Binaries of GNU versions of awk, sed and grep for Solaris 2.6

Post by Rashid KArimo » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00

    Try opcom.sun.ca

    In any case get yourself a gcc ( gnu c/cc compiler) and
    compile whatever you might need yourself.. It is so much
    more convenient and it looks nice on your resume :)

    Please note that 2.5.1 binaries will most likely run on
    2.6

: Folks
:       Where can I get the COMPLIED BINARIES NOT THE SOURCE CODE for gnu versions
: of awk, sed and grep  for SOLARIS 2.6 (SPARC PLATFORM).

1. Complied Binary for SED, AWK for Solaris 2.6

Folks
        Does anybody  know if the complied binaries of "sed and awk" are available
anywhere on the web for Solaris 2.6. Checked the great site for Sun
utilities at "sunfreeware.com" but unfortunately it does not have the
complied versions for Solaris 2.6.
Would appreacite if you respond here or directly at my e-mail address

Thanks
Sandeep

2. apache 1.3.4: HostNameLookups not always "off"

3. Complied GNU binary of Sort for Solaris 2.6

4. New kernel build failure - conflicting types for `proc_lookup' - Help?

5. Complied Binary of "scsiinfo" for Solaris 2.6

6. CGI, apache and file rights / owners

7. scsiinfo complied binary for Solaris 2.6

8. Umax Astra 1220s scanner problems

9. Complied Sendmail 8.9.3 Binary for Solrais 2.6

10. Complied Sendmail 8.9.3 for solaris 2.6

11. where to find WU-FTPD 2.6 for sparc-solaris 2.6 (binary)?

12. Does gnu package for solaris 2.3 work on solaris 2.6?

13. Grep/awk/sed for multiple/groups of lines in a file???