Where to get Netscape Commicator for Solaris othe than Netscape itself?

Where to get Netscape Commicator for Solaris othe than Netscape itself?

Post by Holger Grube » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I tried several times to load Netscape Communicator from
ftp://ftp-de.netscape.com/pub/communicator/english/4.61/unix/supporte...
551_x86/complete_install/communicator-v461-export.x86-sun-solaris2.5.1.tar.g
but the transfer rate is so bad that the connection get's lost of hours
(!!).
Is there any other location to get this software?

Holger

Where to get Netscape Commicator for Solaris othe than Netscape itself?

Post by Bernd Dürre » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Probier's mal unter ftp.uni-magdeburg.de, da gibts einen Netscape-Mirror.

Bernd

Post by Martin Hepwort » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I tried several times to load Netscape Communicator from
> ftp://ftp-de.netscape.com/pub/communicator/english/4.61/unix/supporte...
> 551_x86/complete_install/communicator-v461-export.x86-sun-solaris2.5.1.tar.g
> but the transfer rate is so bad that the connection get's lost of hours
> (!!).
> Is there any other location to get this software?

> Holger

Hi
ftp://src.doc.ic.ac.uk/packages/netscape...

should do it.

Martin

1. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

When trying to access http://www.internet.net/ we received the following
error within Netscape:

Error 400
Invalid request "CONNECT www.internet.net:443 HTTP/1.0" (unknown method)

When accessing the page through Mosaic we get the page without any errors!

Looking further into this, we realized that the http site was using a Netsite-Commerce/1.0 server.  Another note is internally we access the outside
world using a proxy server(CERN). On further investigation, we realized
that our environment variable in Netscape, Security Proxy, was set to our
proxy server.  Yet our proxy server (CERN) does not offer any of the
security methods.

How can we enable the CERN Proxy server to be able to pass through Netscapes security queries?  Any information would be helpful!

                        Thanks,
                        Vicki.

2. RPC question: force TCP for portmap GET?

3. Running Solaris / Netscape enterprise and getting distored images!

4. Accessing process address space from kernel level?

5. Netscape server restarting by itself

6. BlitzIn (chess interface) runs under WINE great!

7. Netscape kills itself when loading Web pages containing Java

8. 3.2 telnet client

9. netscape 3.0 doesn't find itself ;-) ?!?

10. Netscape has detected a /root/.netscape/lock file????

11. Netscape 4.7 vs. Netscape 6.2 BASE URL PATH on a apache 1.3.26 server

12. netscape 4 and netscape from faststart living together

13. Netscape for X and Netscape for Win95 share cache?