Austin OpenSolaris User Group meeting #1 TONIGHT Friday 10/21

Austin OpenSolaris User Group meeting #1 TONIGHT Friday 10/21

Post by Dave Marquard » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 00:02:32

[ Sorry for the short notice, I forgot to announce this here
earlier. -Dave ]

The first meeting of the Austin OpenSolaris User Group will be held
Friday, October 21, 2005 at Sun's Austin site.  Here are the details:

WHEN:   Friday, October 21, 2005, 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. or so.
WHERE:  Sun Microsystems
        5300 Riata Park Court
        Austin, TX 78727
AGENDA: 6:00 p.m. - Welcome

6:15 p.m. - The Zen of Open by Simon Phipps
6:45 p.m. - OpenSolaris for Hardware Hackers by Al Hopper
7:30 p.m. - OpenSolaris and Education by Teresa Giacomini
8:00 p.m. - OpenSolaris Community Advisory Board (Simon and
            Al): governance model and contributor agreement
8:15 p.m. - Q&A, meet and greet
9:00 p.m. - Get out

Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can get you cleared
through Sun's security system in advance, and to help me book a
conference room of appropriate size.

Thanks!
--
Dave Marquardt
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Austin OpenSolaris User Group meeting #1 TONIGHT Friday 10/21

Post by proffesso » Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:28:58

Hello Dave,
  I am Hafeez , I  am just joining the group and i will be interested
in taking part in the meeting should incase you want to contact me

best regards

Oguntola Hafeez

1. 2nd OpenSolaris User Group meeting on Tuesday, May 31st, tonight!

Tonight is the 2nd OpenSolaris User Group and Darren Moffat will be
speaking on Solaris 10 Security, how to harden up your system, RBAC,
and whatever security goodies he might have up his sleeve (I have left
the presentation up to him).

The meeting will take place at the Sun Santa Clara Auditorium (SCA03),
and here is a link to get directions:

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resources/aland/scasj_dirmap.pdf

It will be held from 7:30pm-10:00pm.

Most of you probably know where the Auditorium is, but just in case you
don't, use the directions above, or ask someone where it is. It's
fairly easy to get to.

Also, as a bonus we will be getting a quick demonstation of Project
Looking Glass by the X server team. They'll be showing Looking Glass
running on Solaris on x86/x64. A nice little addition to the meeting.

I hope to see a bunch of you there that didn't show up last month. I
have also contacted some of our partners, such as AMD and we'll have
more folks from here show up this month. I also contacted Tyan, but
haven't heard back from them yet.

Where: Sun Santa Clara Auditorium (SCA03)
When:  Tuesday, May 31st, 2005
Topic: Solaris 10 Security
Time:  7:30pm-10:00pm

Hope to see you there! There will be giveaways, and refreshments! These
user group meetings are absolutely free, and everyone is welcome!

You can always follow my blog for info on these meetings, at:

http://blogs.sun.com/aland/

2. DNS and MX records

3. Austin OpenSolaris user group meeting Tuesday, April 25, 2006

4. How to get the program name of running process?

6. How to make duplicate of OSF 4.0F boot CDROM

7. LOCAL Fairfax VA July 21 User Group Meeting

8. Changing TCP and other protocol parameters

9. Sydney Open Solaris User Group Meeting tonight

10. 3rd OpenSolaris User Group Meeting in Santa Clara, CA 7:30pm

11. Update: Chicago OpenSolaris User Group meeting Oct 20th

12. 2nd OpenSolaris User Group meeting on Tuesday, May 31st

13. London OpenSolaris User Group Xmas Meeting (a.k.a. 19th Dec LOSUG)