.. I've got what I hope is a relatively simple question for the group.
I am trying to install Solaris x86 2.6. My SCSI CD-ROM,
a Plextor 20TSi, is listed in the HCL, but my SCSI adapter,
a Siig UltraSCSI Pro PCI, is not. When asked to select
a drive to install Solaris from, the Assistant only sees my
two IDE hard drives and the network card, no CD-ROM. It
says it has detected a SCSI bus adapter, but apparently
cannot see any of the devices attached to it.
I've contacted Siig and they do not directly support Solaris,
but claim the card is Adaptec-compatible.
I think I've tried everything:
- grabbed DU3 and loaded those drivers during installation
- set my CD-ROM SCSI ID to 6 as suggested in the FAQ
- checked termination on all my SCSI devices (other devs
include a tape drive and a ZIP drive)
- browsed through the FAQ and Sun's support site
- manually added each Adaptec driver
.. all with no effect. If anyone has ever installed Solaris with
a Siig SCSI card, or has any other suggestions, I would