Works !

Post by Udo Grabowsk » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:58:48

But I don't know exactly why :-(  Mkdir software did not help at all. The one
thing I did was issuing an 'umount /xxx/Processor/Profile' at different
occasions (it usually denied this with 'busy'), but suddenly this request
was honoured. Then I removed the directory /xxx/Procesor/software to
recreate it (hoping that something would change), but it eventually did
not let me recreating, instead did it for itself in the few seconds
between my actions (this is what I have seen in the past and expected to happen
here too) ! It seems that somehow the mount on Profiles locked the autofs
to mount software, and the unmount released that lock. I can still descend
into Profiles, and both directories contain what they should :-)

We use -O (overlay on active mount point) because we regularily get all kinds
of strange errors (especially of the kind I experienced here) if we don't
do this. It's still not clear where the heart of all our trouble is hidden.
Seems that all this indirect mounting stuff is still not stable for easy usage.

Thank you, Gavin, for the additional information !

1. Kernel-nfs working, plain nfs not working.

I have an interesting problem:

I need to run the user nfs daemon, so I shut down the kernel nfs
(nfsserver) and tried to load plain ol' nfs --> /etc/init.d/nfs start.
However I'm getting the following message:

"Importing Net File System (NFS) mount: RPC: Program not registered"

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

...aw.

--
SuSE 7.3/Bash
__| Thanks! |__

2. Help: easy way to control startup daemon?

3. USB not working with 2.5.69, worked with .68

4. 32 bit oracle on Solaris 9 64 bits ?

5. ATI Xpert@Work works on Red Hat 5.0 Here's how.

6. SLIP for x86

7. Lucent Venus modem worked for about 1/2 hour then stopped working

8. cant make telnet on redhat 7.1

9. PPP working, /etc/ppp/ip-up not working, HELP Please

10. Man doesn't work or need some work from SLS release !!!

11. Works statically, but can't get DHCP working

12. Workstations can work only on 852 and system works on 437 code page ???

13. Worked, then quit working...