How to account the size of the RAM?

Post by John Zha » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 05:57:20

Can any one please tell the digits number of "fb1ee" I got it from
running adb? Thanks in advance!

# adb -k /dev/ksyms /dev/mem
physmem fb1ee

Post by Robert Sherm » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 06:23:51

> Can any one please tell the digits number of "fb1ee" I got it from
> running adb? Thanks in advance!

> # adb -k /dev/ksyms /dev/mem
> physmem fb1ee

1028590

for future reference:

perl -e 'print hex fb1ee'

--
robert sherman
css3, school of civil and environmental engineering

How to account the size of the RAM?

Post by Peter Baue » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:38:18

physmem says, how many memory pages the system has.

see pagesize()

Gru?

  Peter Bauer
--
             ITServ: kompetent, zuverl?ssig und fair
Telefon: 0700-4-SOLARIS (0700-4-7652747)  http://www.itserv.de

Quote:> Can any one please tell the digits number of "fb1ee" I got it from
> running adb? Thanks in advance!

> # adb -k /dev/ksyms /dev/mem
> physmem fb1ee

How to account the size of the RAM?

Post by John Zha » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 03:33:05

Thanks, Robert. It's a great help!

> > Can any one please tell the digits number of "fb1ee" I got it from
> > running adb? Thanks in advance!

> > # adb -k /dev/ksyms /dev/mem
> > physmem fb1ee

> 1028590

> for future reference:

> perl -e 'print hex fb1ee'

How to account the size of the RAM?

Post by John Zha » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 03:35:00

Thanks, Peter! I really appreciate.

> physmem says, how many memory pages the system has.

> see pagesize()

> Gru?

>   Peter Bauer
> --
>              ITServ: kompetent, zuverl?ssig und fair
> Telefon: 0700-4-SOLARIS (0700-4-7652747)  http://www.itserv.de
> --

> > Can any one please tell the digits number of "fb1ee" I got it from
> > running adb? Thanks in advance!

> > # adb -k /dev/ksyms /dev/mem
> > physmem fb1ee

1. What if swap size < RAM size on 5.0.4

Hi,

I've to add 32 Mb RAM to my 5.0.4 server to upgrade it to 64 Mb. Am I
forced to reinstall all the system in order to increase the swap space
(because there's no room left on the hard disk) ?
Or can I leave the swap space as it is ?
Can anybody explain in detail how SCO OpenServer virtual memory works with
the swap area, or give me the name of a book that explain it ?

Thanks.
--
Richard Bneyt

2. Non-routing firewall configuration

3. linux image size and RAM size...

4. AIX 4.3.2 man pages

5. 512KB cache size and using 256MB RAM

6. Two small problems..

7. RAM size?

8. Revised name: Malignux

9. AIX / RAM size

10. Disk and RAM size for minimum character mode Linux

11. RAM size???

12. Getting size of really available ram (without swap)

13. swapfile size for 24 Megs ram