Accessing different LUNs of a RAID-array

Post by Darren Dunha » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 06:13:38

> Hallo,
> I have an Ultra 5 with Solaris 7 and a RAID-array. We used to have only
> one RAID-set in the RAID-array and could access it as /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0.
> Now we extended the RAID-array with a second RAID-set. It should be
> shown as lun=1 (device /dev/dsk/c1t0d1s0).
> The problem is, I can't see it from Solaris. I already booted the system
> with "boot -r" but there is no such device in /dev/dsk nor in
> /device/... Can anybody help me?

The default Solaris /kernel/drv/sd.conf file only contains entries for
lun=0.  You need to add entries for any additional target/lun
combinations that you might have.

The RDAC stuff simply adds entries for 15 targets and 8 luns.  Note that
this will slow the boot process as each is polled.

If you know that this is the only one you will have, you can just add
that one entry.  If you might add more in the future, you might add the
sd.conf file entries now.

Once modified, you *must* reboot for the changes to take effect.  The sd
driver only reads the file at load time, and I doubt you can convince it
to unload on a running system.

Once the sd driver has the changes, your device should be picked up by a
'boot -r'/'drvconfig;devlinks;disks'/'devfsadm' or whatever...

          < How are you gentlemen!! Take off every '.SIG'!! >